Come and learn about the merchant Gustav Ranin and his magnificent family manor at Hiltulanlahti in Kuopio. The history of the estate dates back to 1792 when the Björback estate was founded by the Swedish Crown as part of a general parcelling out of land. Ranin bought the estate at a compulsory auction in 1869. After learning about the history, you can enjoy a delicious summer lunch in the fine setting of the manor.
- Duration: The guided tour takes about 45 min with an additional 15 min for questions/discussion; lunch 1-1½ hours.
- Location and starting point: Koivumäki Manor, Koivumäenkuja18, 70800 Kuopio
- Participants should make their own way to the manor. Bus No. 31 from Tullinportinkatu in Kuopio city centre: departure 9.15am, arrival 9.59am. Return 1.02pm, arrival 1.43pm.
- Group size: 6 –25 persons. Bookings in advance either by email to email@example.com or by calling +358-17-3614291 on the previous day (Tue) by 3pm.
- Availability: Start at 10.30am, lunch from 11.30am. Check the updates for summer 2021 in www.tastesavo.fi. For groups by arrangement.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: €30/person incl. VAT. Payment on arrival by cash or card.
- Included in the price: Guided tour of Koivumäki Manor with historical background on Gustav Ranin and summer lunch at the manor with appetizer buffet, your choice of hot dish (meat/fish/vegetarian), non-alcoholic drinks, dessert and coffee/tea.
- For an extra charge: Alcoholic drinks.
- Where you can book: Koivumäen Kartano Oy, tel. +358-17-3614291, www.koivumaenkartano.com or firstname.lastname@example.org