5 Days & 4 Nights / 6 People / May-2021/Oct-2021 / 730 €
- Enjoy a mindful digital detox retreat, practicing the art of "living in the moment" and getting attuned to your natural rhythm without distractions, rejuvenating your body and mind in the pristine Finnish Lakeland nature celebrating all things nature and all things pure.
- Unwind and enjoy the charming Finnish countryside hospitality in a picturesque pastoral village quaintly lying amidst rolling green hills, placid lake, and wooden village houses in Northern Savo Lakeland, away from the bustling city life.
- Meditative 'Shinrin-yoku' or 'forest bathing' in the pristine Finnish wilderness in the Korkeakoski canyon nature reserve, known for its beautiful Korkeakoski waterfalls - Finland’s highest uniform waterfalls, bogs, and forest creeks, accompanied by a holistic healer.
- Experience the rejuvenating Finnish sauna traditions in a 19th-century rustic rural house-turned-museum, “Kalapuro” in a traditional wood-heated sauna under the guidance of an expert holistic healer and and enjoy treatments such as wild herb foot bath and sauna whisks.
- Indulge in cleansing and relaxing wild herb sauna bath with birch sauna whisks and peat sauna masks using Lehtopeat’s approximately 5000-year old Finnish turve or peat and local sauna specialties such as Koivumahla or fresh Birch sap juice
- A deeply relaxing session of sound therapy in the village house using hand-forged Tibetan bowls, Finnish drums, gongs, and other musical instruments using their vibration frequencies to promote circulation, energy flow, and rejuvenation.
- Enjoy traditional Savonian cuisine, with the ingredients sourced from local farms and forest, including Savo-special ‘Mustikkakukko’ or blueberry pie.
- Learn about wild food and wild herb foraging from a wilderness guide and making wild herb treats such as nettle pancakes or wild herb lotion.
- Enjoy a meditative yoga session accentuated by the elements of water and pristine green space.
Who is this for?
This off-the-grid outdoor-nature-wellness-sauna trail is ideally curated for small groups of adventurous, independent, and active travelers, particularly women and couples who want to detox, relax, and reboot amidst nature. It includes a pampering week of multiple sessions of traditional sauna baths, wild herb and peat treatments, sound therapy sessions and meditative forest bathing to nourish your spirit from the burnouts of daily life by rediscovering your inner strengths and positivity in a digital-free zone. This particular trail could also be customized to suit specific halal or other dietary needs and smaller groups of travelers and groups with kids.
Show list of Price inclusions
Four nights accommodation in a boutique village inn.
Light forest picnic made on open fire.
One multi-course traditional Savonian dinner.
A guided Shinrin-yoku or forest bathing session in the Korkeakoski forest reserve including hiking in the Korkeakoski canyon trail (3h).
A sound therapy session in the rustic 19th century village house (1.5 hrs).
A wild herb foraging session followed by traditional Finnish wild herb sauna (1.5 -2 hrs).
One peat sauna session with wild herb foot bath.
A guided nature yoga session (1 hr).
Transfers between Kuopio/Siilinjärvi and Maaninka.
A guided canoeing session to the Pirunpesä (Devil's nest) cliff starting from Tuovilanlahti harbor, including canoe rentals, guidance, safety vest and lunch @115€ /person (2 hrs).
A half-day trip to sample the exquisite gastronomic delicacies of the city of Kuopio, who has been awarded as the European Region of Gastronomy capital 2020-21, could be arranged on demand.
Learn to bake Finnish traditional pastries such as Karelian pies (Karjalan piirakka) or artisan bread (Rieska) @70€/person.
Know Before You Book
- The prices quoted are on B2C basis, for direct sale to the customers.
- The program could be combined with Helsinki or Kuopio itinerary on demand.
- Halal, vegetarian and other special dietary requirements can be implemented if informed in advance; the program could be made into a full-board package on demand.
- The in-house restaurant of the village inn serves typically Savonian and Finnish cuisine.
- An afternoon to sample the exquisite gastronomic delicacies of the city of Kuopio, who has been awarded as the European Region of Gastronomy capital 2020-21, could be arranged.
- We reserve the rights to make alterations to the program and/or to the itinerary.